Thursday, March 6, 2008

Excercise for Pregnant mom

I was busy searching for suitable excercise yesterday. Yoga seems to be fine but there must be pregnant yoga right? Something on what I found..

Everything you need to know to safely stay in shape during your pregnancy here

The Expectant Mother here

I stumnle upon this too when I was browsing thru.

What should I eat during pregnancy? here

Looks like I shall not use 'eating for two' to get all the yummy food into my tummy and to suffer after the birth ;p Everywhere I read, they seems to be stressing on the goodness of folic acid. Here's a lil fact I got from the website.

During the first three months of pregnancy (and preferably before becoming pregnant) a woman needs folic acid. This is one of the B-group vitamins and is also known as vitamin B9. It is important during pregnancy for the creation of the baby's nervous system. Folic acid can help prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida and other congenital malformations such as cleft palate or cleft lip. Good natural sources of folic acid are barley beans, fruit, green vegetables, orange juice, lentils, peas and rice.

So folic acid be it. I'm going to hunt them down starting from now...

No comments: