Saturday, April 19, 2008

A date with Doc.

I did something a couple would think of doing after many failed mission. Although mine was just 2nd attempt, I consulted a gynea on my fertility. Yes, I know 2 times is not enough, but I want to make everything clear so that I can be at ease knowing I'm not a barren. Sis did that a few months ago after failing to conceive for nearly a year. Her result was positive, she's in good condition BUT...a big BUT the problem lies in BIL. Apparently, his sperm count was unbelievably low. Ok, if they had gone for the check up much earlier, then they would have done something much earlier too, to solve this problem. As a precaution, me and Hubs went for the check up too last weekend, so equipped with questions I went to see her doctor.

I don't know what's the big deal but I was trembling outside while waiting for my turn. I wanted to do pap smear like my sis, since everything will be charged to Hubs company. But Doc said our 6 months attempts (I lied to him ;p) only started, it was not necessary. It started with me going into the bed section with Nurse asking me to take off my pants and underwear as she held a piece of cloth (for me to cover up later) while she looked on. After lying on the bed and Nurse closed up my lower abdomen, she shouted "Ready". Then Doc came in and started applying the liquid on my tummy. He did what I saw on movie, the ultrascan checking for baby I guess. He proceeded to check my 'inside', sticking a penis like plastic after squirting a massive amount of lubricant. Yet, I was still painful and actually tensed up while making, "Argh..Ouch" sound every time that thing moved. It's so shameful when Doc asked me to put my butt down so that he can continue *blush* I don't know what he put in after that but I saw the screen showing my uterus. The I saw a black round ball, which I still don't know what it was till today. Doc measured the thing from the screen and walah! He's done. I cleaned up and went outside to hear his result. Was everything normal? Is there anything wrong with my tummy? Thank god he said all is fine. So now it's up to Hubs to do the sperm count. Too bad he can't do it that day as the test requires him to store up his champion for at least 6 days. He will have to go back again if he wants to do it. Another good news, my egg was on its way. I asked Doc on the calculation of ovulation since from the last post, I mentioned that some will have ovulation as early as day 6 and I suspected mine was not day 14 due to my spotting. Here's how he taught us to calculate.

Ovulation day = Next menses - 2 weeks
Fertility period = 5 days before till 5 days after ovulation
What to do? = sex on alternate days

Also, I did asked Doc on the spotting, what caused it to happen and all those. He said he noticed a lining growth inside just now which explain the spotting. As I did not mentioned it earlier, he was not able to checked further. If it still occurs and disturb my daily life, I could opt to have it taken out thru a minor surgery (poking a hole in my body? eww...) Not to worry, it will not affect the conceiving or cause any harm to body, just annoying it always stain my underwear and pants. Nowadays I wear panty liner but somehow it also overflow and stain a lil. Never mind, as long as my fertility is confirmed good, I'm more than happy.

No comments: