Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spotting??

I read somewhere about spotting during pregnancy and stuff and was thinking to myself. I had that almost every month, every time it occurred in between the monthly menses and the next menses. In simple words, it happened sometime near ovulation. Not exactly on the 14 day but more to a week or so before that. Today, I did some research on the cause of spotting for menses and found this Andorra Pediatrics. Well I'm sure what this thing has to do with pediatric but I find that it's something we need to know.

"At about day 14 of a typical 28-day cycle, the sac bursts and the egg leaves the ovary, traveling through one of the fallopian tubes to the uterus. The release of the egg from the ovary is called ovulation. Some women know when they are ovulating, because at mid-cycle they have some pain - typically a dull ache on either side of the lower abdomen lasting a few hours. Some women also have very light bleeding, or spotting, during ovulation. "

This explain everything. Previously, I was confused as why am I experiencing period twice a month. When I asked my friends, they said it was probably due to stress. As that time I was stress up bout my workload, I just accepted it. But then it occurred more often that it rings the alarm bell. Now every doubts are cleared but there is still one slight problem. It says that spotting is due to ovulation and mostly around 14 days. Mine was more likely to start on day 7-10, on and off till day 14. So what does that mean? Was it normal? I read so many e-info saying ovulation will be on day 14. According to one article on Parents.com,

"A woman’s fertile days are usually the day of ovulation and the four of five days before, not after. But don’t assume that you automatically ovulate on day 14 of your cycle: A study last fall from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences found that ovulation varies dramatically from woman to woman, occurring as early as day 6 and as late as day 21 of a cycle."

Now, isn't it something new? I mean, now I know one of the reason I've failed twice. Probably, mine occur not exactly on day 14 although my menses is mostly on time (27, 28, 29 days cycle).

Here's something to cheer myself up...

No comments: