Monday, July 27, 2009

@ Week 19

I've tried very very hard to refrain myself from going for the scheduled monthly check-up ON TIME. I tried very very hard to at least delay it for a week or so (to get a better confirmation on baby's gender). I tried very very hard to resist the urge to find out the gender of baby so early. But.......all FAILED.
Sigh. I've only managed to delay it for 4 days before I rushed to the hospital and waited patiently for my turn. A day before the appointment, I've repeatedly told baby, "Don't be shy in front of the 'camera', show it to Doc so mommy can buy new clothes for you." That time I was still aiming to get my hands on cutesy baby clothes at Metrojaya Sales in Pisa.
As usual, Doc checked for baby's head length and scan around for other things. He told us baby is on the right side. Ya, mostly I could feel baby's kicking on the right side also. We even managed to catch a glimpse of baby shoving legs during the scan. I was told if we didn't ask, Doc will not say anything apart from "baby is healthy". So right before he took off the scanner from my tummy, I asked for the gender. He tried to search around. Luckily baby's head is engaged downward and Doc could peep between baby's thigh (the bottom side). He told us (I'll keep it as a secret for now) but as expected, he will add in a line, "it's not 100% confirmed (till next appointment)".
I know if I don't ask, he'll not give us a printout also. And I was in for a disappointment cause it's too late to get the whole picture of baby, like what I used to see from others' blogs. Doc said baby is too big for a frame anymore. So the best he could take was just the head and half of the body. Can you differentiate?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I know it's hard to see. So here's what I draw out. If baby is too big for a frame less than 5 months, then baby must be growing well although tummy is still small, rite???

No comments: