Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Boy or Girl?

No secret. I'm eager to know my baby's gender...be it boy or girl, I'll love him/her just the same. But why the eagerness? I just can't wait to get out and do some shopping. I've been walking thru the baby's department whenever we were out shopping and always went uh-ah over the tiny little clothes. I have to bite my tongue and get restrain myself from getting any yet. What more when there's a Sales going on, the clothes are so CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP but I have to go NO NO NO!! Suffering man!

Today I was browsing thru http://www.parents.com and saw an article to determine whether I'm carrying a boy or a girl. Here's what the old wives' tales say.

1. Sleep Position
Pay attention to which way you lay down in bed tonight. If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? Your pregnant with a girl.

All the while, I sleep on my left side. Even though now pregnant, the habit didn't change. Boy

2. Upset Stomach
Little girls aren't always sweet. Extreme nausea means you are having a daughter.

I think my gene does not have the morning sickness (both my sisters don't have). Boy

3. Soft or dry hands
If your hands are dry during pregnancy, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl.

My hands are still the same, smooth as ever. Girl

4. Food Cravings
Your favorite pregnancy foods may tell you what sex the baby is. If you're craving citrus while pregnant, you're having a girl.

I don't have any craving except the food I always love...spicy and sour. Girl

5. Adult Acne
If altering hormones makes your skin break out, expect a girl.

Oh...I can see that pimples are popping out, even on my breast. Girl

6. Graceful or Clumsy Pregnancy
If you feel as though you're gliding through they day, you'll have a girl. Stumbling? It's a boy
.
Still the same old me. No gliding nor bumping into stuff. Boy

7. Face Weight Gain
If your face gets fuller, it means you're having a girl.

This happens every time I started to grow, be it pregnant or not. Girl

8. Sugar and Spice Food Cravings
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet? Ice cream, chocolate, and candy means you're having a girl.

Ice-cream, chocolate potato chips, popcorn..all are my favourite. Girl/Boy

9. Mood Changes
If you're experiencing pregnant mood-swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon.

No extreme mood swing yet. Boy

10. High or Low Pregnant Belly
If you're carrying the baby low on your stomach, expect a boy. If it's high, you're having a girl.

No tummy yet. Still have my waistline at 4 1/2 months. Boy

11. Baby Weight
If you're carrying baby in front, it's a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle? It's a girl.

Same as #10. Boy

12. Pendulum Test
Dangle a chain with a charm over your palm. If it swings back and forth: boy. In a circle: girl.

This one I should test. Was it over my tummy or hand??

13. Model Your Hands
"Show me your hands." If you would hold your hands palms up it's a girl. Down? You're having a boy.

Have yet to notice this but since I read this, I don't know what to show....more cautious now.

14. Toddler Advice
Get baby advice from a nephew or friend's little boy. If a toddler boy shows interest in your belly, you'll have a girl. If he ignores you, it's a boy.

Didn't really try out but the boy doesn't notice my tummy also.

15. Eat Garlic
Guess the baby's sex by eating garlic. If the smell seeps out of your pores it's a boy. If there's no scent it's a little girl.

Eww..smell seeps out of pores? Didn't take notice.

16. Key to Pregnancy
If you pick up a key by the round end, you're having a boy. If it's by the long end? A girl.
I'm used to pick up keys by the round end. Boy

17. Even and Odd Numbers
If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it's girl. One even, one odd means a boy.

I'm 26 and now is 2009. Even + odd = Boy

18. Baby's Heartbeat
If the baby's heart beats more than 150 times per minute, you're pregnant with a girl. Less than 150, it's a boy.

This one has to get doctor's help

19. Stress Test
A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.

I know I'm stressed out from trying to have baby. Should follow Hubs then. Boy

20. Dream Meanings
If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.

Never take notice in this. Will try to see if I do dream of it.

21. Breast Size
If your right breast is larger than the left while pregnant, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, it's a baby boy.

What does uneven breast size has to do with boy or girl? Was it because boy prefer the left side, so milk production tend to be more there? Boy


10 votes for Boy, 4 votes for Girl, 7 votes for uncertain. That's it. I'm not going to guess anymore. I'll go straight to Doc for a scan this coming Thursday..hopefully baby will cooperate.

1 comment:

Guru Sankar said...

Hey,

Nice blog. Tell me if its a Boy or Girl?

I am curious to know.

Regdars,
Guru