Thursday, July 30, 2009

@ Week 21

How was I doing?

Went to the government clinic for the monthly check up yesterday and was in for a big surprise. My weight was up by 4kg making me the heaviest at 60kg. I feel like an elephant now. All my life, no matter how fat I was, it had never gone beyond 58kg. As of now, I've accumulated 7kg for the past 5 months. 4 more months to go and I dare not estimate how much more I'll gain. The nurse was very worried bout my gain, thus arranged for me to come back for the two days once check up AGAIN. Sigh... although I'm not working, I don't want to spend my time going in and out of that clinic. Also, I have to take the glucose test in 3 weeks time. Was is because I gained too much or was it a normal procedure?

Mind you, I really has decrease my food intake. I was not having the elephant appetite like I used to in first trimester. In fact, after the serious sickness, I was kinda phobia to food. Hubs was extremely happy to get whatever food I want, all I have to do is ask. Everyone was commenting on how small my tummy was and although he assured me it's OK, I know he has the pressure to feed me well too.

Even though it increased so much, my tummy is still as small as a winter melon. I really have no idea where has all the weight spread to. My thigh? My butt? My boobs? My arms? Oh...for sure some has creep up to my face..cause it's been chubbier and obvious to all.
My belly button started to protrude last week. I realised it one night after having dinner. When I rubbed my tummy, I could feel a small lump instead of the usual insert. No, it was not the full lump yet. It was more to the lump on the foreskin above the belly button.

However, this week while taking bath, I realise that it does not happen only after a meal. It is there for most of the time. Now even the whole belly button is popping out whenever I finish eating. In fact, my guess is by next week, it will pop out wholly and can be detected even when I wear a blouse over it.

How's baby doing?

Baby's kicking is getting more prominent. At times, I could feel as if he's doing somersault inside. Still most of the time, he'll reside at the right side. When I was lying on bed just before sleeping, I love to put both my palms down on my tummy and feel his movement. Hubs used to have difficulty detecting his movement but now it's not a problem anymore. Whenever he moves, Hubs will go, "Eh..", "Eh..". It's so cute to see that. There was once I secretly ask him to give Hubs a big kick when Hubs palm was on my tummy. And he did just that and Hubs went, "Wow". Was it a coincidence, I really don't know. From the 4kg that I gained, I have no idea how much did the baby contribute to it. Most of the time, Doc will only say,"Baby's healthy" but he doesn't tell us how big is the baby, what's the heart rate, or is the amniotic fluid enough? Maybe I should ask him on the next round visit. At least, I'll know that I'm not the only one gaining weight.

No comments: