Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First Check Up @ 070409

I still remember vividly the first check up after I took the test myself. It was very early in the morn that Hubs went to place the card, so that we can get first in the line again. We did not tell MIL beforehand and when she caught Hubs sneaking back while on her way to market, her question marks began to form. At first she just asked if Hubs was out for the normal morning jog. But she just has her way of asking that I couldn't avoid telling her the truth. And so I told her the real thing plus that my period has not come YET..which made her ?? grew a whole lot more..hehe..
Well, she did not pursue further...from me BUT when I went inside the bathroom, she barked into our room and woke Hubs up, and questioned him left and right. I had anticipated this earlier on, so I had already made Hubs promised to keep quiet about the actual (tested + stuff) until we get confirmation from Doc. Hubs merely told her that it was a follow up check up. Erm...whether she believe it onot, she'll have to wait till after the check up.
We were entertained by the nurse before we get to meet Doc. What was funny was that she asked me, "Ambil ubat (Taken medicine)?" as I was prescribed with clomid the visit before. She must have thought that I was there for the follow up, after taken clomid. My answer? "Belum (Haven't)." I felt funny because the baby was there without the help of clomid...which is FANTASTIC. Doc came and did an ultra scan on my tummy. All we could see was a dot on the screen. I was thinking to myself, "Is this my baby or is it just another polyp thingy cause they seriously look the same". He further did vaginal check just to get a better look on the dot. I get a glimpse of Hubs face and I could see that he's beaming with delight, to see his junior actually starting to grow. I was actually still not relief after meeting Doc, cause from what he said, he can see that foetus inside but will not know for sure if it's safely in the uterus....that's something disturbing.
All in all I was still excited about it and couldn't wait to tell the whole world. But I can only share the news with my parents and in-laws. The first to get the news was of course none other than my MIL. When I called her, she was super cool and calm, just advising me not to eat spicy and sour too much. I bet she must have jumped on the bed and somersault a few rounds after putting down the phone. Next on my list was Mom. The first thing she asked me was, it is a twins? *Slap forehead*

No comments: